Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Fidget Toys

Many people with ADHD find that fidget toys are an effective strategy to help them remain focus.  This is true for children and adults alike.  (For those of you who know me, I often wear a ring that doubles as a fidget.) Stress balls, slinkies, or even a strip of Velcro to run your fingers over can help people with ADHD who need movement to focus.  However, there is one thing that must be considered.  Many people with ADHD are also extremely sensitive to textures.  What works for one person may be irritating to another.  So, while I highly encourage experimenting with fidgets, it is essential that the child (or adult) finds the fidget appealing in size, density, and texture.  Try different options and figure out what works.

1 comment:

  1. I was in a remote area without the internet and I realized that working offline helped improve my concentration. Had to start researching word processors with this kind of functionality barely any exist but I am in love with this one

    ReplyDelete