Monday, November 24, 2014

You Are Not Alone!

I recently attended the CHADD conference in Chicago, and one thing I took away is that we are not alone.  As I listened to other ADHD coaches, experts, and advocates, I found that many had the same story.  So many of them faced the all-to-familiar struggles of raising an ADHD child.  They faced the negative comments and opinions of others, they had to fight to get their child the help he or she needed, and they battled their own frustration as they watched their children struggle behaviorally, academically, and socially.  I don't think there was a single parent there that hadn't received phone calls from teachers reporting poor grades or bad behavior.  

I wanted to share this observation, because so many of us question our parenting.  We battle with "terrible parent" syndrome when our children struggle with ADHD-related obstacles.  Yet there are experts out there that have faced the same issues and fought the same battles.  So, don't get caught up in second guessing yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment