Wednesday, October 1, 2014

The ADHD Parent Trap

I used to think I had all the answers.  Since I have ADHD, I thought that all my strategies for overcoming ADHD-related obstacles would work for my daughter too.  WRONG!!!! If there is one thing I've learned, it's that ADHD affects everyone differently.  Perhaps even more importantly, different strategies work for different people.  In short, don't get sucked in to the ADHD parent trap.  Keep in mind that we are all wired differently. So, work with your children to find solutions and strategies that work for their unique brain wiring.

1 comment:

  1. WriteRoom has been my goto distraction-free writing software{ but I honestly prefer Ink for All's advanced accessibility features|. Must admit INK for All's Advanced Accessibility functionality is my ideal productivity tool|. Over the last couple of days, I've been using INK for All and I really prefer it. Have you guys experimented with INK? http://bit.ly/2DWi1K9

    ReplyDelete